Chemistry Resource Guide
The following databases are recommended:
- Applied Science Full Text
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Science Database
- Today's Science
The following subject searches for electronic journals are recommended:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemistry - General
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical & Theoretical Chemistry
The following search strategies for finding books are recommended:
The library has over 1,000 print and electronically accessible books available from the Madonna University Catalog. You can narrow down the search results by adding additional keywords to the search term box at the top of the page. You can also narrow down the results using the links on the left side of the page. These results now include U.S. Government Resources.
The following websites are recommended:
- American Chemical Society – Resources and research to advance the use of chemistry for the benefit of Earth and its people.
- American Chemical Society Webinars – Free webinars about a diverse range of chemistry topics.
- Chemistry Videos – Kahn Academy’s collection of chemistry videos, articles, and exercises.
- Math.TV – Textbooks, videos, and online worksheets for mathematics instruction.
- NIST Chemical Webbook – Database of chemical compounds and data.
- PubChem – Open access database of chemical molecule, structures, properties, and other information.
- Wolfram Alpha Chemistry – Resources related to chemical compounds, unit conversions, and other chemistry questions.
- Online: Ask-A-Librarian
- Phone: Call the Reference Desk at 734-432-5767
- In Person:
- Drop by the library any time and ask to speak with a librarian
- Schedule a session with a specific Librarian
Use the library's Interlibrary Loan Service to request articles or books that are not in the library's collection.
Circulation Desk: 734-432-5703