WRT 1020: College Composition II
The following Database is recommended:
The following Titles on Report Writing are recommended:
- Writing Papers in Psychology: a student guide to
research reports, literature reviews, proposals, posters and handouts/ Ralph L.
Rosnow. Belmont, CA: Thompson, 2006.
BF76.7 R67 2006
- The Psychologist’s Companion: a guide to writing
scientific papers for students and researchers/ Robert and Karin Sternberg. New
York: Cambridge U Press, 2010.
BF76.8 S73 2010
Writing in Sociology/ Mark Edwards. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2012.
HM569 E39 2012
- Nine Steps to a Quality Research Paper/ Harry
Stuurmans. Worthington, OH: Linworth, 1994.
LB1047.3 S78 1994
- Writing for Academic Success: a postgraduate guide/ Gail Craswell. Thousand
Oaks: Sage, 2005
LB2369 C73 2005
- Yale Daily News Guide to Writing College Papers/
Justin M. Cohen et al. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000.
LB2369 C595 2000
- Writing Research Papers: a complete guide/ James D. Lester. New York: Longmans,
LB2369 L4 2005
- The Research Paper: process, form, and content/ Audrey J. Roth. Belmont, CA:
LB2369 R66 1999
- The Undergraduate Research Handbook/ Gina Wisker. New York: Macmillan, 2009.
LB2369 W57 2009
- A Short Guide to College Writing/ Sylvan Barnet et al. New
York: Longman, 2002.
PE1408 B4315 2002
- Academic Writing for Graduate Students: essential tasks and skills/ John M.
Swales. Ann Arbor: U of M Press, 2004.
PE1408 S7836 2004
- A Short Guide to Writing about Biology/ Jan A. Pechenik. New York: Longman,
Electronic Books (accessed through library catalog)
- Exploring College Writing Dan Melzer, London: Equinox, 2011.
- Write Great Essays/ Peter Levin. Maidenhead: Open University
The following Websites are recommended:
- The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University (OWL) (large variety of writing resources and style guides)
- The Undergraduate Writing Center at the University of Texas (printable handouts on a variety of grammar and composition topics)
- Center for Communication Practices at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (advice on styles of writing, etc.)
of Composition – The Writing Process & Guide to Grammar and Writing
(hosted by Capital Community College, Hartford, CT)
- Grammar Resources on the Web: University of Chicago Writing Program
- Merriam-Webster Online (English dictionary with audio pronunciation)
- The Online Slang Dictionary (maintained by Walter Rader)
Elements of Style (William Strunk’s classic on English usage and
composition hosted on the Bartleby.com website in its 1918 form)
Errors in English (Washington State University Professor of English,
Paul Brians, popular web site on correct usage; click on “Go to list of
errors” in the middle of the page)
Fallacies (a tutorial and compendium of errors in reasoning created by
Dr. Michael C. Labossiere and hosted by The Nizkor Project)
- Madonna University Library's Citation Guides (links to a variety of citation formats, e.g. APA, MLA, etc.)
Circulation Desk: 734-432-5703