Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Pathfinder
- ABI/INFORM Complete: Proquest
- Academic OneFile: Gale Databases
- CINAHL Complete (EBSCOhost)
- The Cochrane Library
- Health and Wellness Resource Center: Gale Databases
- LexisNexis Academic: LexisNexis
- MEDLINE: First Search (Medline Guide) Proquest
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (EBSCOhost)
- The Library of Congress THOMAS (THOMAS GUIDE)
- To locate individual full text e-journals, click "Journals" on the library home page and search for the journal by title or ISSN.
- To locate hard copy journals, click "Catalog" on the library home page and search for the journal by title.
- RT98.A533 2008 Anderson, Elizabeth T. Community as partner: Theory and practice in nursing.
- RT84.5 .N87 2007 Nursing knowledge development and clinical practice.
- RT85.B67 2007 Bosek, Marcia. The ethical component of nursing education: Integrating ethics into clinical experience.
- RT84.5.K69 2006 Professional nursing practice: Concepts and perspectives.
- RT84.5.P53 2006 Philosophical and theoretical perspectives for advanced nursing practice.
- RT86.54.C85 2006 Leininger, Madeleine M., & McFarland, Marilyn R. Culture care diversity and universality: A worldwide nursing theory.
- RT89.D86 2006 Dunham-Taylor, Janne, & Pinczuk, Joseph Z. Health care financial management for nurse managers: Applications in hospitals, long-term care, home care, and ambulatory care.
- RA418.5.P6 S54 2005 Shi, Leiyu, & Stevens, Gregory D. Vulnerable populations in the United States.
- RA969.9.M43 2005 Measuring patient safety.
- RT86.7.Q356 2005 Quality work environments for nurse and patient safety.
- Alliance for Nursing Informatics
- American Medical Informatics Association – Nursing Informatics Working Group
- American Nursing Informatics Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society – Nursing Informatics Community
- Nursing Informatics Online
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics
Quality and Safety Improvement
- American Hospital Association - Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence
- American Nurses Association
- Baldrige National Quality Program: Using the Baldrige Organizational Profile for Health Care
- Hospital Quality Alliance
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Institute of Medicine – Quality & Patient Safety
- Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations – Performance Measurement
- National Association for Healthcare Quality
- National Association of Health Data Organizations
- National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators
- National Committee for Quality Assurance
- National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health -
Center for Scientific Review – Healthcare Delivery and Methodologies
Integrated Review Group
- National Quality Forum – Patient Safety
- United States Department of Health and Human Services - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- American Nurses Association – Nursing Ethics: The Center for Ethics and Human Rights
- Bioethics Resources on the Web – National Institutes of Health
- National Reference Center for Bioethics Literature – Georgetown University
- "Developing Knowledge for Practice: Challenges and Opportunities," online article, National Institute of Nursing Research, NIH Publication No. 93-2416, March 1993 http://www.ninr.nih.gov/NewsAndInformation/NINRPublications/DevelopingKnowledgeorPracticeChallengesandOpportunities.htm
- Knowledge Utilization Studies Program (KUSP), University of Alberta, Canada
Applications of Knowledge Discovery in Databases," DeGruy, K. B.,
(2000). Journal of Healthcare Information Management, 14 (2), 59-69.
- The Nursing Theory Page
- Nursing Theory Link Page - Clayton State University School of Nursing
- Theory Art Gallery - Understanding the Work of Nurse Theorists: A Creative Beginning
Research and Statistics
- CDC Wonder
- HSR Information Central - National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology - National Library of Medicine
- National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology - National Library of Medicine
- "Nursing Research: A Tool for Action," International Council of Nurses, Nursing Matters Fact Sheet
- "Online: Developing Nurse Scientists," online course for general research training, National Institute of Nursing Research
- Registry of Nursing Research - Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library
- The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research - World Health Organization
- U. S. Health Policy Gateway - Duke University
- The Economics of Health Care - Office of Health Economics, London, England
Practice for Public Health - Lamar Soutter Library, UMass Medical School
- Families USA - The Voice for Health Care Consumers
Literature Report - The New York Academy of Medicine
- Health Policy Resources - University of Maryland, Health Sciences and Human Services Library
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- National Conference of State Legislatures - Health Issues
- National Health Policy Forum - The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Archive - Center for Governmental Studies
- UCLA Center for Health Policy Research
- Urban Institute's Health Policy Center
Need help with your research project? You can contact a librarian for assistance at the Reference Desk - (734) 432-5767. Or send an email to the Ask a Librarian reference service.
Want to schedule an individual session with a librarian? Click here on the Schedule a Session with a Librarian link and fill out the online form. Or drop-in at one of the many Library Walk-in Research Clinics scheduled throughout the term.
Need to find articles that aren't available online full-text or in hard copy in the Library's collection? Or need to locate a book that the Library doesn't own? Try the Library's Interlibrary Loan Service and request your items by filling out and submitting the appropriate online form.
To access items on E-reserve, click here.
To locate subject-specific books in the Library's collection, search the Madonna Catalog
Margaret L. Danowski