Here is where you'll find all sorts of library resources and helpful tips that will help you in the Emergency Management program.
For more information, or for help using these resources, please contact one of our librarians.
Access information for protected content can be found on the Madonna Portal.
Recommended Library Databases
- ABI/Inform Collection
- Academic Search Complete
- Applied Science Full Text
- Bureau of Justice Stastistics
- Business Insights: Global
- Criminal Justice Database
- Military Database
- OmniFile Full Text Select
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Research Library
- Science Database
The Library contains many print and electronic journals, a small sample are listed here:
Print and eBook resources on Emergency Managment topics can be found in the library's catalog or in the specialized eBook collections below:
Some sample library catalog searches include:
Websites covering Emergency Management topics include:
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Disaster Information Management Resource Center
- Disaster Psychiatry (American Psychiatry Asociation)
- Toxic Substances Portal (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)
- Haz-Map (National Library of Medicine)
- Homeland Security Digital Library (Off-campus link | Secured Off-campus link): The nation’s premier collection of documents related to homeland security policy, strategy, and organizational management. The HSDL is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s National Preparedness Directorate, FEMA and the Naval Postgraduate School Center for Homeland Defense and Security.
- Household Products Database (National Library of Medicine)
- Toxicology Data Network (National Library of Medicine)
- Nuclear Detonation Scarce Resources Project Working Group Publications
- United States National Grid
- National Hurricane Center (National Weather Service)
- U.S. Geological Survey - Science Topics
- Emergency Prepardness and Response (CDC)
- Guidance on Water Supply and Sanitation in Extreme Weather Events (PDF - From the World Health Organization)
- Making Cities Resilient (United Nations)
- UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Online: Ask-A-Librarian
- Phone: Call the Reference Desk at 734-432-5767
- In Person:
Use the library's Interlibrary Loan Service to request articles or books that are not in the library's collection.
Circulation Desk: 734-432-5703