Food Science Pathfinder
This guide has been prepared for students of Food Science at Madonna University.
For more information, or for help using these resources, please contact one of our librarians.
Access information for protected content can be found on the Madonna Portal.
- Academic Search Complete
- AGRICOLA (National Agriculture Library) (EBSCOHost)
- Biological and Agricultural Index Plus
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- ProQuest (MEDLINE, Biology, Research, Science Collections, Newstreams)
- Today's Science
Suggested search keywords include: food science, food safety, food technology, food research, diet, food additives, food adulteration and inspection, food analysis, food composition, food contamination, food handling, food labeling, food law and legislation, food microbiology, food preservation
This list is not exhaustive, but represents the more commonly cited journals in the field. To locate more, browse by subject in our Full Text E-Journal locator.
- Journal of Food Science - Easier to search with EBSCOhost
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society
- Cereal Foods World
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Critical Reviews in Food Science & Nutrition
- Chilton's Food Engineering
- Chemosensory Perception
- Emerging Food R&D Report
- Food & Drug Inspection Monitor
- Food Chemical News
- Food Engineering
- Food Insight
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition
- International Journal of Dairy Science
You can search our library catalog and you will find both print and ebooks in your search results. Full text of ebooks is viewable on any device. Print items must be obtained in the Library.
In addition to the eBooks, the library collection maintains several print volumes on food science; additional materials may be obtained via interlibrary loan. Some suggested print volumes include:
- Adams, M. Food Microbiology. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry; 2000. (QR 115 .A33 2000)
- Bibek, R. Fundamental Food Microbiology. Florida: CRC Press; 1996. (QR 115 .R39 1996)
- Sikorski, E. Chemical and Functional Properties of Food Components. Pennsylvania: Technomic Publishing Company; 1997. (TX 545 .C44 1997)
- Journal of Food Science Tutorial (Youtube)
- Online: Ask-A-Librarian
- Phone: Call the Reference Desk at 734-432-5767
- In Person:
- Drop by the library any time and ask to speak with a librarian
- Schedule a session with a specific Librarian
Use the library's Interlibrary Loan Service to request articles or books that are not in the library's collection.
7:30 AM –
Circulation Desk: 734-432-5703