Psychology Resource Guide
The following databases are recommended:
- Academic Search Complete
- Cambridge Journals
- CINAHL Complete
- Cochrane Library
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Psychology Database
The following journals are recommended:
- Child Development Research
- Developmental Psychology
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Journal of Clinical and Developmental Psychology
- Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
- Journal of Educational Psychology
- Journal of School Psychology
- Psychological Bulletin
- Psychological Medicine
- Psychological Review
- Psychology and Aging
More titles are available following these paths:
- Library homepage>Journals tab> "Browse Periodicals by Subject">"Health and Biological Sciences">Search>Scroll down to "Psychiatry"> Click on "Clinical Psychology"
- Library homepage>Journals tab> "Browse Periodicals by Subject">"Social Science"> Search>Scroll down to "Psychology"
The following books are recommended:
- APA Dictionary of Psychology - edited by Gary R. VandenBos
- The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science - edited by W. Edward Craighead & Charles B. Nemeroff (eBook)
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) - American Psychiatric Association
- Encyclopedia of Psychological Assessment - edited by Rocio Fernandez-Ballesteros
- Encyclopedia of Psychology - edited by Alan E. Kazdin
- History of Psychology 101 - David C. Devonis (eBook)
- The Oxford Companion to the Mind - edited by Richard L. Gregory
Find other books by searching the library catalog with these search terms:
The following websites are recommended:
- American Psychological Association – Promoting the advancement, communication, and application of psychological science and knowledge to benefit and improve lives.
- APA Online Psychology Laboratory – APA interactive lab and data repository.
- APA PsychNet – Database of psychology articles (click “open access” to have access to full-text articles).
- Archives of the History of American Psychology – Largest repository of manuscripts, monographs, media, and artifacts relevant to the history of psychology and related human sciences.
- Assessment Psychology Online – Information resources related to psychological assessment, testing, and practice management.
- Association for Psychological Science – Research and resources dedicated to advancing scientific psychology across disciplinary and geographic borders.
- Buros Center for Testing – Research and resource center for testing that influences the use and understanding of instruments.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Mental Health – Data, tools and resources, and information related to emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
- Classics in the History of Psychology – Full-text, public domain documents from the scholarly literature of psychology.
- Cognitive Science Society – Scientific research in the studies cognitive science, artificial intelligence, linguistics, psychology, neuroscience, and philosophy.
- Communication Research Measures – Links to research measures created to be used for research or instructional purposes.
- ETS Test Collection – Database of tests and other measurement devices for researchers, teachers, and students.
- Mental Health America – Programs and initiatives to promote mental health and prevent mental illness through advocacy, education, research, and services.
- National Center for Health Statistics: Mental Health – Statistics related to mental health morbidity, office visits, emergency visits, and mortality.
- National Institute of Mental Health – NIH agency devoted to research on mental disorders.
- PsychCentral – Blog about psychology research and mental health resources.
- Psychology Today – Largest mental health and behavioral science publishing enterprise with online access to news and therapist directory lists.
- PsychOpen – Open access publisher of primary research in the field of psychology.
- Social Psychology Network – Organization to promote peace, social justice, and sustainable living through public education, research, and the advancement of psychology.
- Society for Neuroscience – Publishing, professional development, and advocacy devoted to understanding the brain and the nervous system.