Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service for all current Madonna University students, staff, and faculty. It provides access to books or journal articles that the Madonna University Library does not own. ILL will request materials from other domestic institutions on your behalf. Because the lending Library could be in another part of the country, please plan ahead and consider the assignment due date.
The Madonna University Library does not set circulation policies for borrowed items, meaning there could be a short loan period, in-Library use only, or no renewals.
Please return ILL items on time. Madonna University Library does not set replacement costs if the items are returned late. The owning Library has the right to charge a replacement fee of their choosing, and they can be very expensive. Any assessed fees are the responsibility of the borrower.
To avoid delays, always check the Madonna Catalog and Full Text E-Journals to see if we own the item before submitting ILL requests and use complete citations.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is only available to current Madonna University students, staff, and faculty.
- Allow for a minimum of 7-10 days for journal articles, and a minimum of 10-14 days for books, to arrive.
- You may be charged replacement fees if you do not return ILL materials.
- These are not overdue fees.
- The borrowing institution has the sole discretion to determine replacement and processing costs according to their institutional policy.
- Your account will be billed and you are responsible for all replacement costs.
- Contact email@example.com if you are not on campus and have items to return.
- You will be notified regarding the status of your request and when the item can be picked up at the Circulation Desk.
- Please contact our Interlibrary Loan Service if you are in need of any further assistance: